Tuesday, January 19, 2010

~Adventureland~

"I'm not gonna finish this in three days let alone one. I don't know what you were thinking"

Yesterday, I finally got to watch Adventureland starring Kristen Steward. It was an okey film. Nicely paced and quiet enjoyable. I would have done Emily instead of Lisa P also, but that's besides the point.

There was this one scene where the guy (I think his name was James) was at a bar with Emily and they were talking about sex, but instead of saying sex he keeps on referring to 'it' as intercourse.

Why does that scene stand out? Well, it reminded me of a long time ago when I was still studying in college and every semester there would be sports played out between every different faculty. The different courses, Accounting, Business, Law and the likes will strut their stuff for honours to be the best faculty around.

Still not seeing the point? Well this might clear some things up. The games were most unsuitably called, "INTER-COURSE".

Yeah I know, I have no idea how nobody realised this each and every semester. For a place of higher learning where intellectuals are supposed to be shaped year in and year out, it wasn't a very smart name to choose. Stupid in fact.

No comments: