Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Happiest Day of My Life!

"Drawing eyes on your eyelids using a marker is not possible. I should know, I tried."

I was having one of the most enjoyable days ever last Tuesday. Went to see Paramore live, which was awesome. Came home around 11pm, switched on the TV.... then my whole world came crashing down on me.

"WAYNE ROONEY WANTS TO LEAVE MAN UTD"

said the headlines, while the TV showed Sir Alex Ferguson issuing a press conference to confirm the news. I couldn't believe it. Rooney was the one player that I thought would stay on to be a legend at Man Utd, with the likes of Bobby Charlton, George Best and Eric Cantona.

I was in a foul mood all week long. I actually retired from watching football that week. Missed the Champions League match against Bursapor on purpose, didn't open any football websites while working, didn't update my fantasy football team and the likes.

My foul mood culminated last thursday when I went to McDonalds to buy dinner on the way back from work. They messed up my whole order. Gave me Double Cheese when I ordered McNuggets and after telling them twice I didn't want ice in my drinks, they still managed to put ice in it. I lost it, I'm ashamed to say I really lost it. Called them up and started shouting on how they screwed up my damn order. I don't usually shout at people. Honest. I swear.

But then, Friday came. A whole lot better. The McDonalds agreed to replace my McNuggets for free. (Thank you McDonalds) and on the way home while munching on my free McNuggets got the best news ever.

"WAYNE ROONEY AGREES NEW FIVE YEAR CONTRACT WITH MAN UTD"

The happiest day of my life. I love you Wayne, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Don't ever leave me again.

No comments: