Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm not in my 40's and already I'm having a mid life crisis.

"She smells familiar, I can't quite recognize it. Sorta something like moth balls... only different"

I'm feeling old today...It was bound to happen sooner or later. I just didn't realize it would be this soon.

I was looking forward to a week of rest in the office, finished everything I needed to do, just some paperwork that I planned to spread out the whole week so as to have something to do while actually doing nothing at all. Brilliant plan I would have to admit.

Sadly, my genius plan crumbled in the space of two days. Tuesday... I made the huge mistake of looking to relaxed while my manager passed by. Haha... that's what I get for sitting back in my chair arms spread behind my head. I was quickly dispatched to go help one of the other seniors with their outstanding workload. Damn... foiled again.

Still, it wasn't too bad, the guy was all right, took the time to explain what I needed to do. Not like some other senior which I refuse to name here. I also got the opportunity to get out of the office again. All in all, it wasn't too bad.

The bad part is when I asked his aged. He was about my height, looked matured enough. Guess I could get a few laughs with someone my age since most the newbies were younger than me.

TWENTY. TWO OH. 20. What? Did you say 20 as in years old? You're 20 and you've been giving me orders all this while, this is unheard of.

Who in their right mind works when they're 20? When I was 20, I was still hanging about doing the stupid things that 20 year old kids (yes, I mean kids) do. I feel bad for him, working at 20. Well, there goes your whole life. It just ended when you signed that contract. Just like signing your soul to the devil.

Come on, your early 20's is the peak of youth. Go out and have fun, fall in love, get your heart crushed in the process. Live it out. Why would you let it all go and start working? Why?

Not only are you wasting away you're youth your making me feel damn old. The worse part is, I hear most of the seniors are in their early 20's too.

Damn I'm old.

No comments: