Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Seasons of Penelope and Me

Penelope Cruz by MNG.
I used to drive by this billboard each time driving back home. It was the best part of the drive. Don't know why, but I really like the picture. And not for the obvious reasons. There are many more better/sexier looking pictures of her. A quick search on the net, and you'll know what I mean. The reason I like it, it's unexplainable. I just do. There's something about the slightly parted lips and the wind blown hair that caught my attention. The fact that it's black n white gives it a more vintage look. Classy, while pleasing to the eyes. The ad was most probably to promote the autumn line (I think, but what do I know about womens fashion, or then, fashion in general).


It's been about 6 months since the picture got replaced. Replaced by another MNG ad, still with Penelope Cruz. This time in glorious colour. Like I said, I don't know fashion much, but I think it's for the winter line. I was a little dissapointed when I first found out the ad had changed. Eventhough it's in colour, I still prefer the black n white one. It seemed to have more artistic value. While the first ad was like looking at a famous picture in a muzium, the new one just felt like any other ad you would find in magazines and newspapers. Dissapointed much? Yeah, you said it.

Due to certain events, it's been some time since I last drove by the MNG ad. But when I finally did, guess who was there? Summer Penelope. Winter Penelope had been replace with an ad showing more skin (that's what gave it away). All I can say is it's easy on the eye, like watching the E News, nice and fun but without the substance.


Will just have to see what MNG and Penelope comes up with next. Let see if they can come up with something as worthy as autumn Penelope and not dissapointments like winter and summer.

3 comments:

wani said...

don't know about fashion much?

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, that's a lie. if you know about seasonal clothes, that's more than much.

hmmm, you didn't mention about the D40 here.

Nanook said...

Hahaha.... i have no reply.

D40? didn't want to make the post about me. It was about Penelope.

wani said...

2 love letters in as many days.

at least this love letter is to a woman. if you wrote a letter to another unanimated object, i think it's a sign that you have to get out more.