Monday, June 1, 2009

Today... i, Robot


After 25 years of sticking it to the man, I have finally given in to the dark side of a nine to five job or in my sad, sad case a seven eleven job. One might wonder what in the world would have the power to change this free spirited rebel (hahaha...) into a human drone. The answer is quite simple........ money! Years of sitting on my ass doing nothing have finally caught up on me. Yes, sadly being a bum isn't all it's cut out to be.

Like any other nine to five drone, I've been programmed to sleep before twelve (unheard of before this) and wake up equally as early (the horror!). Then it's off to the train station where I meet my fellow drones as we are sandwitched in the tiny train and head off into the money making machine knows as a job.



After eight long hours of acting all freindly and helpfull (freindly and me don't usually mix) it's time to meet up with my drone freinds once again for the commute back home. This isn't really an experiance to savour. Tired, smelly and grumpy.... the only thing keeping my sanity in tack is the thought of the hundred plus bucks I have earned today and the ammount I'm gonna earn tomorrow.

Still, my first day of becoming a responsible human (robot) being did feel somewhat satisfying. The thought of putting in a honest days work really felt good. The proud feeling of becoming a responsible member of society............. Oh shit! What am I saying? This programming is stronger than expected...... somebody help meee.... must *bzzt* sleep... tomorrow *bzzt* have to work.

The end begins.

4 comments:

wani said...

coward!! terus offline pas dropped off the ultimatum tu. hampeh sungguh.

on a related note, i'm getting tired of being the only one commenter on your blog. anonymous tu tak kira.

Nanook said...

1.It's not my fault nobody else reads it.

2. There's no obligation for a comment.

3. But your comments are so insightful.

4. This isn't even a comment, it's just a rant.

wani said...

ah well (i can't believe i've picked up your habit-the use of "ah" before "well"), it breaks my heart to see that "0 comment" display. i'm just being neighbourly.

admit it, my comments make you happy. *winks*. and it's not a rant, it's a comment, in a hidden, twisted kinda way.

Nanook said...

With this, now i have 4 comments...... nice.

Anyways... thanks for the comments which aren't exactly comments.

Gotta start finding some followers.